Shooters Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I have always wanted a 7.5" SAA, and since I recently picked up a 1926 Winchester 92 in .38 WCF it just made sense that my new revolver be chambered for that. So by the end of the week I should be stroking and fondling a 7.5" .38-40 Uberti; can't wait.

Anyhoo...
Are those easier to carry cross draw? Seems like a 7.5" would hang pretty low on the strong side making sitting while wearing holster/revolver very difficult.

·
The Shadow (Moderator)
10,049 Posts
I think it's more of a preference deal. I had one years back, tried the cross carry for the very reason you stated. Just never felt right to me, the cross-over action always made me feel awkward.
Yes it's easier, but if you feel like goofy trying to catch his hat while kicking it...;):LOL:

·
Premium Member
17,052 Posts
I'm strung out over six feet long and like a shoulder rig for anything over 4 1/2" barrel in revolver or auto.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I carried my 7 1/2" Super Black Hawks and a Redhawk with a Galco Shoulder holster. Always found it to be the most comfortable and was easily accessible. They also made a front carry called an Alaskan Rig but never tried it.

Good luck in your choice.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
A friend of mine made a cross draw for my Ruger BH. It works okay for riding my ATV but not so hot in a vehicle.
Like others I've had more comfort in a shoulder rig.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts