Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of selling my Win 94 xtr 375 Win, and have a Lee Factory Crimp die that I would like to be able to use on a Marlin 38-55? I am aware of the differences in external dimensions, but can I use the 375 FC die for the 38-55, or do I need to go ahead and sell that too?

Thanks, Jimmy

·
Registered
716 Posts
Get the RCBS Cowboy die set. It has two expander plugs: .375" and .379". You will need the larger one to load the .378-.380 cast bullets in your Marlin 38-55.

Add the Lww Factory Crimp die in 38-55 and you are good to go.

·
Super Moderator
9,489 Posts
Have used a .375Win set to load 38-55 ammo with no problem, other than the need for a larger expander to match the larger bullets usually used in the 38-55. I've never seen the need to size a nearly straight case any more than is needed to get the case to go easily back into the chamber, so the dies are set a bit high in the press to size only to the amount that is needed to get smooth oepration and a firm bullet grip.

I'd probalby go ahead and get the 38-55 dies...I only used the .375Win dies becasue I had them at hand, but I did get a 38-55 set later. On the other hand, i NEVER believe is selling, trading any die set...the rifle may be gone, but i never sell off the dies or molds as I often find another use for them later.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts