Shooters Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my Lee Deluxe ".38/.357" 4-die set. The instructions are only for .38 Special. No big deal - I just adjust the seating depth to accommodate the .357 - right? Not so fast. I like using the Auto Disk Powder Measure. There is NO reference to the .357 anywhere in the instruction pamphlet, website or via Google search! The instructions have a chart for the .38 Special, sorted by bullet weight and powder. My .45 ACP die set contains the same information.

Does anyone have any .357 magnum loading data for the Lee 4-die set for the 4-hole Turret Press set-up? I sent an email to Lee and hope to get a .pdf file sent via email. Thanks!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all! I've got the latest Speer manual. A retired LEO friend has been loading 158 grain JHP with 14.8 grains of Alliance 2400 and getting an average of 1250 fps. It didn't occur to use my existing Lee charts to find the disk setting for my desired charge - I should have seen that. I've gotten spoiled on having the pre-printed information and I got lazy. I've got the load data, I just needed disk settings. Once I get a Dillon, the disk arrangement will be replaced with a powder measure/drop (but that won't happen until we're well into 2010).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.