Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the Lee hand loader, the 1 1/2 lb one that's a full size reloading press with a ram?  I wonder if it would be good for small reloading jobs when backpacking, especially for the .454.

Thanks in advance.

·
Beartooth Regular
1,184 Posts
The handpress is a nice tool. I've had mine for about 6 years. I'll use it to decap and size pistol brass with the carbide dies.

I was visiting in upstate New York one time and I brought a bunch of 357 brass that I had all RTG except powder and bullets. Did that at the kitchen table in my ex-flame's apartment.

Nice press to take to the range too to do some loading experiments with. Simply bring some RTG cases like above and weigh out your charges and seat bullets and go.

I wouldn't really recommend it to resize full size rifle cases unless you are just neck sizing them. Though I have done the full resizing. Builds your bustline up. :biggrin:

Regards,

:cool:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Contender,
Thanks. I ordered the handpress today.  I decided to go with the Lyman trimmer, though, because I'm going to load for the .454.  A custom trim die from for the .454 from Lee cost &#3615 plus the cutter.  If I got that plust the pull type trimmer it would come out to about &#3649. D&R sells the Lyman trimmer with 9 pilots (that cover the .454) plus the electric hook-up for &#3645.  #39 if you don't want the electric adapter.

God Bless

1 - 3 of 3 Posts