Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4 hole Lee Turret Press. I have been reloading 9mm with no problem. I switch to 45 acp in another 4 hole turret and it binds up where the rod twists. I change to the other turret and it reolves fine. Switch back and it binds. Has anyone else had this problem? If so can you please help? I figure I can buy and try another turret, or swap the dies out which kills the purpose of have my turrets loaded with dies and ready to go when ever I switch calibers. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I've used a lee 3 hole Turrett press for years with no problem. I like the turrett for the same reason that you do. Leave the dies set and just switch turretts. I'd say that if you contact lee and speak to their customer service, they might send you out a new turrett at no charge. I hear their CS is great

·
Registered
191 Posts
Can't answer for certain because I still have a 3 hole press but I would look at the ratchet clamp and plastic ratchet. It might be that it's too tight and binding there. Easiest thing to do would be to go to Lee's website and look at their short videos.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Is it the same indexing parts with both tool heads?
Have you talked to Lee?
Have you checked with the LoadMasterzone forum?

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Make sure your turrets are properly indexed. There are You Tube videos on this, but you need to get everything lined up.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I would remove the indexing rod and see if the 45 loaded turret turns freely in the press head. I'd also install another empty turret and see if the turret indexes correctly.

I got a Lee turret about 15 years ago and disabled the auto index 14.9 years ago. I was setting up the press the first time and didn't want it to index when I was setting dies. I reloaded for over 14 years by hand indexing. Since I didn't want a "semi-progressive" this worked quite well for me, it jes felt better...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts