Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Well my dad shot left handed but was right handed. I shoot right handed but use a fishing pole left handed. My dad used a fishing pole right handed. I am right handed too. Confusing huh.
:)

·
Super Moderator
3,808 Posts
Been shooting right hand flintlocks for years

I shoot them off the left shoulder without a problem. All the best...
Gil

·
Banned
127 Posts
I am a lefty, but shoot right handed. I developed that habit at an early age when my father took me out to shoot for the first time at age six. He had a bolt action .22 and it hit me in the cheek. It was so uncomfortable, I had no choice. Everything I do is left-handed except for shooting! Did I say that?!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for being a little confusing. I am wondering about shooters who shoulder left but shoot right handed sidelocks in a flinter.

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,265 Posts
I would be hesitant to try that. I won't even stand next to the frizzen side of another flintlock shooter. I would certainly wear enclosed safety glasses if I had to do it though.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I made a left hand percussion rifle in the mid-70s, but shot right flint locks from my left shoulder for a long time. Just be careful how you place your right fore arm along side the stock or you could get some powder burns from the vent. Happened to me a couple of times in the excitement of a hunt. My battery consists of mostly left hand flint lock rifles now, pistols are mixed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts