Shooters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought this yesterday and am very excited to get my new toy in the mail soon. can anyone recommend some decent ring mounts/scope rings for my Browning A-Bolt? should I just go with Leupold mounts and rings or is there a slightly cheaper but reliable alternative?

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Most of my guns sport Leupold bases and rings. I would just get them. I just bought some Millet steel rings and found the quality below the Leupold level.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just ordered an A bolt in 300 Win Mag (left handed!) and will scope with the Leupold VX3 3.5-10 x 40 mm.

I am considering investing in Talley rings and bases. Are these superior to Leupold rings and bases? Talley also makes a one piece light weight integrated base/ring.

Any experience or opinions would be welcome.

Petey

·
Banned
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just ordered an A bolt in 300 Win Mag (left handed!) and will scope with the Leupold VX3 3.5-10 x 40 mm.

I am considering investing in Talley rings and bases. Are these superior to Leupold rings and bases? Talley also makes a one piece light weight integrated base/ring.

Any experience or opinions would be welcome.

Petey
congrats on your new purchase :D. I don't know anything about Talley rings and bases, so I can't be of much help. I just checked their site and the closest dealer in town that carries their product is 2 hrs away.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have always used Leupold bases too but just put a set of Talley's on a Model 70. They work. I can take the scope off for cleaning (makes cleaning the rifle easier than I could have imagined) and put it back on and it returns to zero.

They look cool too.

But in my opinion you can't go wrong with either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.