Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay I have 2 questions (for reference I'm thinking 30-30)

(1)Has any one had any experience with the lever evolution MonoFlex? Is It even available yet, if so where can I pick up a box or 2?

(2) has any one ever used lapua's naturalis, I was entertaining making some rounds up with this bullet. online it looks like it's nose is round enough to not be a problem in a tube mag. I would like to get some input in this thought before I run off and order a box as this stuff is on the order of 2$a bullet. :eek:

·
Registered
167 Posts
I know nothing about the Lapua bullets.

I have used, a little bit, Hornady's monoflex in 30-30, and in 45 Long colt, both seamed to work just fine in my lever guns, I think they are available as loaded amo, and as components, if you roload with them, you need to trim the cases a little shorter then with other bullets.
That's about all I know.
Terry

Edited to add: Ok I just googled Lapua Naturalis, only found loaded ammo, I think it is going to be a looooooong time before I find out how well they work, on Midway's site they work out to over $8.00 a round loaded, silly me I thought 416 Remington ammo was expencive
TM

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah 2$ a bullet, I'm not confusing bullet with cartridge. Midway sells a box of bullets for around 100$ I've never been disappointed by anything Lapua but wow is it steep. I was thinking of using evolution powder. on new brass, and coming out in the 3-4$ a round range. A box of federal 30-30 from Walmart will run 11.98$ that makes it a hard pill to swallow.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
yeah 2$ a bullet, I'm not confusing bullet with cartridge. Midway sells a box of bullets for around 100$ I've never been disappointed by anything Lapua but wow is it steep. .
I have to wonder what you could put in a .30-30 that would be worth $2 when it came out the other end?

I almost choked when I ordered up three boxes of Sierra's 170gr FP's at $24/100, (24 cents each). A couple years back, they were half that price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts