Shooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to wrap the lever to protect my old fingers from being bruised and getting sore? I've seen quite a few with nicely wrapped leather and one using some padding to protect the back side of the fingers. I almost feel silly for asking but it's really beginning to be painful to work the lever.

·
Inactive account
4,735 Posts
Not a bad price at all for the kit. I've also seen others wrap the lever with leather thong. Start with 2-3" of thong running along the lever, loop the thong around the end strip and lever. Wrap to a convenient length leaving several of the end wraps loose. Slide the end of the thong under the loose wraps. Tighten the loose wraps and pull the end of the thong snug against the wraps. Cut off the excess thong. Easier done than explained.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Does anyone know how to wrap the lever to protect my old fingers from being bruised and getting sore? I've seen quite a few with nicely wrapped leather and one using some padding to protect the back side of the fingers. I almost feel silly for asking but it's really beginning to be painful to work the lever.
Just a guess, but I'm thinking maybe you just need to have the action smoothed out.
I'm sure adding a wrap wouldn't hurt, but I think you'll find that having the action worked on would be much more benificial.

JMO

·
Banned
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Holy smokes! Quick replies! I think I'll try the do it yourself way with the "Kirkpatrick Leather Co.". Start cheap and work up from there. A smoothing up of the action could be a possibility also since I haven't used the rifle that much from new. Thanks a lot guys and I'll let you know how it turns out.

Magnum.44

·
Banned
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I got the kit from Kirkpatric for the lever and decided not to use the thong to lace it up. Instead I used those ever handy plastic zip ties. Nine of them. Worked like a champ! Makes it easier to take off occasionaly to check for any rust or other things happening. Not much for looks but it does treat my fingers right.

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated. Magnum .44

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.