Shooters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a nice vintage 12ga Lee (handloader kit) Loader. I plan on handloading and will be using “current” load materials and manuals.

However, for nostalgia sake I am looking for a Load card / instruction sheet that would have come with the set.

Does anyone have a copy or snapshots they can share?

kind regards

·
Registered
854 Posts
I don't have one ... but if any place has one it might be www.lee-loader.com
this site is devoted to everything Lee Loader ... it may be available as a pdf download or one of the members might have one he can scan for you .
Good luck with search !
Gary

·
Registered
671 Posts
I have an old kit, not sure about the card but I will look to see. I might even have some appropriate card stock to print it on. I'll check later today.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Mike,
It is going to take me some time to locate and dig out my box with those old Lee Loaders in it.
I am going to need to extend the time necessary. I also need to get permission from lee to copy it for you - I can do that tomorrow (Monday).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mike,
It is going to take me some time to locate and dig out my box with those old Lee Loaders in it.
I am going to need to extend the time necessary. I also need to get permission from lee to copy it for you - I can do that tomorrow (Monday).
Oh my - my apologies for the trouble - truly understanding if you change your mind or if unable due to copyright (of course). In any case, you're truly appreciated.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Mike,
I took the last two days cleaning my shop and found all my old Lee loaders. I have 410, 20, and 12 gauge but no cards for load data in any of them. There was a stack of papers that I looked through but none of the paperwork we need.
I did call Lee and was informed that Lee Precision did not make the loaders. They were made by Lee Custom Engineering. The Lee Custom Engineering went out of business decades ago so no help there at all.
I am sorry but I failed at my end. I even found my Lyman 2nd edition shotshell handbook and a catalog full of my test loads that I used in 20 and 12 gauge - I thought I might have put it in with that stuff but nothing.
I know you can use the data from the Lyman shotshell Handbook but you will have to weigh the powder charge.
I know the loads work because I was using it in 1978, before I got the Pacific press for my 12 gauge.
I am truly sorry that I can't do more than that for you.
Paul

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mike,
I took the last two days cleaning my shop and found all my old Lee loaders. I have 410, 20, and 12 gauge but no cards for load data in any of them. There was a stack of papers that I looked through but none of the paperwork we need.
I did call Lee and was informed that Lee Precision did not make the loaders. They were made by Lee Custom Engineering. The Lee Custom Engineering went out of business decades ago so no help there at all.
I am sorry but I failed at my end. I even found my Lyman 2nd edition shotshell handbook and a catalog full of my test loads that I used in 20 and 12 gauge - I thought I might have put it in with that stuff but nothing.
I know you can use the data from the Lyman shotshell Handbook but you will have to weigh the powder charge.
I know the loads work because I was using it in 1978, before I got the Pacific press for my 12 gauge.
I am truly sorry that I can't do more than that for you.
Paul
Paul - thank you sir. I enjoyed our conversation and found a good friend in the process. Have a great evening - Mike

·
Registered
671 Posts
Thank you Mike, I enjoyed the hunt but was disappointed in the out come.
It's good to have found a friend in the in the process.
All the best,
Paul

1 - 9 of 9 Posts