Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHat is the best source for load data for the .348 Winchester? My Speer manual does not list it as they don't make a .348 bullet. Should I try Hornady? Barnes? Lyman?

Any help is much appreciated.

Alek

·
Registered
45 Posts
Modern Reloading 2nd Edition lists loads for .348 Winchester for bullets from 150 to 250 grains. Also has quite a variety of powders listed. That manual was authored by Richard Lee [of Lee Precision], the company that makes Lee reloading
equipment.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Take a Peek.......

......at the Reloaders Nest website and/or simply Google it("348 loads")-----pruhdlr

·
Registered
50 Posts
Go to Handloader magazine .com

If you sign up for their Load data they have a lot of loads for the .348 Win. 200, 220 and 250 grain bullets with a number of good powders. They also tell you where they got the load. thier reference is all published load data. That is what I use. The sight is worth the $20/year IMHO.

Good Luck.

·
Banned
200 Posts
I have an old Lyman reloading manual (From around 1975).
I couldn't find the 348 loading in the basic rifle info section, but then found it listed in the index. The 348 load data was in a separate section way at the back of the manual.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright guys, I've gotten a hold of some data for my .348, but now I've come across a different problem. I was wanting to make some cast bullet loads, but I saw the disclaimer on the BTB site that their cast bullet cannot be used in a Browning M71, which I have, saying that the throat of the Browning M71s is not long enough the accommodate the BT Bullet. Does this disclaimer cover ALL cast bullets?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts