Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,I'm new here.I have a Marlin 444SS and am very fond of this cartridge.I am thinking of loading up the 444 with some heavy bullets to get the potential out of this caliber.Was thinking of a 335 or 355 gr bullet.My question is:where does one find the load data for these heavy bullets?? Thanks in advance! Tom

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've shot jacketed 400s (my own) in the 1700s from the Timber Carbine but don't have any 335 data.

But look for the chart Marshal posted  444 vs '06 and I think it uses 335s.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Two ways to learn of heavy loads. Load swap.com and register using your same password and nickname or use the search feature and type in 444 on this site. There is a lot of data here for it. Enjoy your stay here. The goal is more education and less opinion on this site. Really good fare for a cast bullet shooter.

·
Super Moderator
3,365 Posts
Levergunz,

I've been working on a 12 part series of articles on the .444 Marlin lately, with the first two parts already on our Tech Notes section.  The third installment hopefully will be up in a couple of days.  I'm putting the finishing touches on it now, it will deal specifically with bullets of over 300 grains in the .444, and lots of loading data to go with the info. Part IV will deal with bullet weights of 250-300 grains in weight.  

Once part III is posted here, you'll see more data for the .444 in over 300 grain loads than you can shake a stick at!  Very surprising velocity and accuracy results as well, both with the .444S and .444P models.

Hope this helps, sorry it hasn't been posted yet!  Hang in there, we'll get you that information.

God Bless,

Marshall

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the posts guys.I'll look forward to reading part 3 Marshall. I'm in no hurry,so I'll just wait.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts