Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new LM yesterday and set it up today. Only problems i encountered during set up was with the case feeder, must have took 15 or 20 minutes to adjust it correctly. Priming system, indexing, and case feed (after adjustments) all work pretty slick. It's not as smooth as the pro due to the complicated design but i am happy with it, and i like the fact that it has a station for the m die and the lfcd.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm a mostly a lurker here and only rarely chime in. But I gotta suggest you at least take a look at the The LoadMaster Zone: http://forums.loadmastervideos.com/forums/index.php

It is a site devoted to Lee products and a major portion of it aimed at the LM. DarwinT run the site and keeps it orderly and on track. Many very very helpful idea,s tips and tricks shared there as well as videos.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't purchased caliber change overs for this press yet, but i wanted an idea of about how long it takes to do a change over. To satisfy my curiosity i took the press apart and put it back together. I discovered that complete caliber change including different primer size is about five minutes. I also realized how simple in design and function the press actually is.

If the case feeder were to require adjusting, it would add probably another five or more minutes. I set this press up originally without using the instructions. I referenced them for final case slider adjustments. When i took it apart and put it back together, i watched the videos from the above link and fully read the instructions, and i set up the case feeder according to the instructions.

I discovered that my adjustments for the feeder were incorrect, yet all the ammo i had loaded on it, the cases all fed just fine the way i had it. Using the instructions and the videos required the feed bracket to be turned out of the press an additional three full turns! I am just going to leave it the way it is for now, but the next time i take it down for cleaning, i am going to adjust it the way i had it before.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have managed to buy several shellplates and turrets for this press and have loaded several thousand rounds of 38's, .357's, 45's, 30-30's, 308's and minute amounts of a couple other odd balls. This press is a real winner for me and has proven to be relatively trouble free. I love this thing! After several thousand rounds it's still as tight and slick as it was when i opened the box. Now if i can just get hold of a 550b to mount right beside it perhaps life would be complete. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts