Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some once fired 44 Mag cases at a gun show, some PMC and some WW. I loaded the WW with cast bullets and they chamber fine.
Next i loaded some of the PMC cases with the 240gr. XTP and they chamber hard. Seems like the PMC cases are somewhat thicker. Anyone run into this before. All cases trimmed and bullets set to spec.

Pete

·
Beartooth Regular
2,139 Posts
Oldpete,
    I have some PMC .44 cases and they seem to work fine in my Super Blackhawk, giving plenty of clearance in the chambers. I can't give you thickness measurements because I haven't measured them, but if I get a chance I will post them.                    IDShooter

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
I've loaded and shot and reloaded a box of PMC 44 brass at least 3 times without a problem. The cases aren't nichol are they? Possibly if you used the same crimp you used for the Win. brass, if it was thicker, you may have buldged the case below the bullet. Just a thought.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finaly figured out that its the extractor. On this rifle it takes a good amount of lever squeeze to force the extractor over the case rim. Some case brands more then others making me think it was something else. Is this normal ??

Now I have another problem with feeding, with my 245gr. Kieth type cast it feeds fine but with the 240 XTP it wants to hang up just before the case inters the chamber. Any Ideas??

pete

1 - 4 of 4 Posts