Shooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1942Winchester 94 in 30WCF. The extractor is not going all the way down when the lever is closed and is blocking the loading gate. I can manually push the extractor down with a small tool and the gate opens fine but next cycle the same thing happens. Any ideas what the issue is. I have a 1957 model and it works fine.

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,815 Posts
Is this perhaps the carrier you're talking about?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your correct, it's the carrier that don't drop down enough to clear the loading gate. I have never taken the gun down, it's an old family piece and I don't want to mess it up. I have viewed a couple of youtube videos on it but not sure what I should look for as a problem.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
The loading gate also includes a long flat spring that keeps the gate closed when not loading. Sometimes the screw that secures the gate becomes loose and allows the gate to impede movement of the carrier.

Try to tighten the screw that is an inch or so directly to the rear of the loading gate,

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently got a m94 see.#2013XXX from my father it was his father's. I am trying to find a manufacture date. I also have a problem it will only allow one round in the chamber and one in the tube.

·
Premium Member
14,239 Posts
It sounds like a broken carrier return spring to me.

·
Super Moderator
3,777 Posts
Welcome to the Forum

Mickeyl,

Glad to see you here. I have looked up the serial number of the Model 94 in your post and it appears to have been made in 1953. This data came from the Winchester Collectors website. I have altered the serial number in your post to maintain security. All the best...
Gil

Model Serial Number
Manufactured Date

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks glad to be here. The info is much appreciated. From what you have said. I think the problem is the load gate is getting hung up on the lift. If I push hard it can load another round.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts