Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would first like to say hello as I am new to the board.I just purchased a new 38-55CB and am just starting out reloading,I have 250 and 260 grain hardcast with gas checks.THE reloading data that I have is for 250gr bullets how much do I need to change the loading data for the 10 grain increase in weight.
   I have the cowboy dies,RL7,IMR3031,AA2015 powders.Any help you could give a guy starting out would really help,most of the data I have came from this site.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I haven't loaded for the 38-55 so I can't help you directly, but if you go to LoadSwap.com (on the menu bar to the left of this message) there are several loads for the bullet  weights you mentioned. It's a terrific resource.

Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have one of them 38-55CB rifles,most of the load data that I have found has been found right here on this forum.I don't think there really any where else you can go to find as many knowledgeable people than this site,and they are always happy to help. I am far from an expert but if you e-mail me I can share some of what I have tried that has worked for me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Tillman
I have a 38-55CB that I dearly love. I have been using Bonus Bullets 260 gr GC (.379) with IMR 3031. My target load is 30.5 grs which I have used in the NRA lever action rifle matches. Have shot sub 4 " groups at 200 meters from a sitting position with this. Recoil is very mild and I can shoot 80 well aimed rounds at one sitting. Not sure what the velocity is. (I get about 1775 fps with 32 grs IMR 3031). I am going to stop using IMR 3031 in the near future becasue it does not meter well thru my powder measure. I have a Marbles tang sight on it which I also like a great deal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts