Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestion for cast bullet loads for a new model Winchester 94 in 44 magnum? Not looking for anything extreme, just hunting loads that could be used in a late model revolver as well. I would like to try some of the Beartooth bullets which is the reason I joined this forum for advice. Many thanks!

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,266 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have found the Hornady 265 gr ahead of a charge of H110 shoots good out of my Marlin 94 and my Blackhawk except for the recoil. I keep most loads down to approx 1200 fps out of my hand gun as recoil is lighter and it will kill anything I hunt.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have a Winchester 94AE 44mag. Trapper with 16 1/2" barrel,(while not cast bullets) I use Hornday 240 HP/XTP with 24.3 gr. of IMR [email protected] 1400 fps. and it shoots super out of the little 16 1/2" barrel of my Trapper. I also carry and shoot a Ruger S.R.H. and my son carries a Ruger S.B.H. both in the 44 mag. and we shoot this load in our handguns well. I have used this load for several years in both Marlin's and Winchester's and found it to be accurate and hard hitting to say the least again in both rifles and handguns.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts