Shooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I post loads and half the time only the bullet weight is posted.  Nothing else(see 416 Express).  The loadswap board accepts my info as complete.  What am I doing wrong?

·
Super Moderator
3,365 Posts
I can't say that I see anything wrong!   I just went and looked at your data, six loads for the 416 Express.... they are all complete and look good!   It doesn't look like you are doing anything wrong at all!

I would say that you've done everything right!   Your data is very complete, and with lots of details....just what we had envisioned LoadSwap to be all about.... good, honest field tested loads with enough information that someone looking will know that the load isn't just a textbook reproduction!

Great job!   Many thanks!

God Bless,

Marshall

·
Registered
51 Posts
 Dear Marshall,
  I'm having a problem with Loadswap. Every time I try to view a load ,it takes me back to the sign up page.Any clues?                      
                                                        Thanks,
                                                           Walt

·
Registered
254 Posts
Did you register on that forum? Use your same name and password. Worked for me. They then e-mailed confirmation.

·
Registered
51 Posts
 Dear Ruger #3,
     I did it all but still having problem.
    Thanks for the try.
                                         Walt

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey!

The problem with the Signin thing:

I built LoadSwap so that you cannot access any page without "Agreeing" to that page. Try hitting the "Agree" button, then going to your place of choice.

If this fails then you need to allow cookies to be set.

To do this:

If you're using Netscape Navigator:

Go to Edit, then at the bottom, Preferences, then at the bottom, left hand on the left navigation, click on Advanced then on the lower right, click Accept All Cookies

Edit >> Preferences >> Advanced >> Accept All Cookies

If you're using Internet Explorer:

Go to Tools, then at the bottom, Internet Tools, then select the Security tab, set your security to Medium.

Tools >> Tools >> Internet Tools >> Security >> Set To Medium

Their is a lot of stuff going around about cookies. But I asure you, they are perfectly safe. I am currently writing a article on cookies and security, but for now it's not yet completed. However, to sum up the jist of it, accepting cookies does not open threat open to you.

If this doesn't  work, please let me know!

God Bless, Lets here what you guys have to say about LoadSwap!

Alex Stanton

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Fellas,

I'm a first time poster on the board.  I have been reading the posts for sometime now (this is really a wonderfull site!) and was trying to access the 'Loadswap' site and for some reason it won't allow me in, just gives me this error message:

"Sorry,
The file specified cannot be found on Beartooth Bullets Online! If you typed in the address please make sure of the URL. If there is a problem with the links on a web page please notify [email protected] If you are looking for a certain page please use our powerfull search feature. Click Here to search Beartooth Bullets Online."

I've followed everything mentioned about the settings for IE and Netscape including one of the recommendations about registering.  The webmaster mention clicking on an 'Agreement' link but that doesn't appear either.  Am I doing something wrong or is there something amiss here?

Marshall and those who moderate and post as well as the webmaster should be please with what has been acomplished on this board.  The civility shown and expressed is much appreciated.

Thank you,
William

·
Beartooth Regular
7,768 Posts
Hi, William:
  I just had the same problem. Type :

http://www.loadswap.com/load_data/logout.php

in the location bar and you should get in.

Bye
Jack

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks Jack,

The problem still exists.  Your linkage worked in logging me out of loadswap (which was interesting) I tried using:

http://www.loadswap.com/load_data/login.php  and it still won't let me in so I tried using 'log' and 'logon' .php still no go.  oh, well.. maybe it's something to do with the computer I'm on at the moment, it does go thru a firewall.

William

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Yes, a firewall will definately make a difference.  My son put a firewall on my computer so everytime I have a problem, my first whine is to him.  Nine times out of ten he goes into my firewall setting and presto, problem solved.  For Loadswap the only thing I am blocking is the http headers-referer but allow http header fields e-mail (from), browser (user-agent) and of course, cookies.  It's been working great for me with these settings.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks Big Bore,

Yes, it must be the firewall.  I'm able to enter loadswap.com at home Ok.

One question though... is anyone overseeing the load information so that bad information doesn't get posted inadvertenly?

·
Super Moderator
3,365 Posts
We will try hard to keep a handle on the data, and to delete those loads that are obviously out to lunch.   But, the key to this working is you folks, the useres policing our own ranks... we have provided a Warn feature, and when there's  a load that doesn't meet the criteria of necessary info, is irresponsible in it's content or just plain dangerous, use the Warn feature to alert us here, we then deal with that load, ASAP to protect everyone!

You folks are doing an outstanding job, and the Warn feature has already been used six times!  Not for irresponsible loads, but for errors caught in data entry.

Thanks so much to all!   God Bless,

Marshall

·
Registered
86 Posts
For all those who couldn't access LoadSwap the other evening. I had mistakenly had some permission problems, and that page was NOT on the server. The login.php page WAS actually missing.

Sorry to cause such a fuss. It is fixed now, and I'm working on a few little header things, so those with firewalls won't have to worry about it, but I'm having a flustrating time with it.

So, if you couldn't get on the other night, please try again. It may have been the fact the the file was MISSING altogether!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts