Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is their anyone shooting this round in the Lone Eagle?  Using factory rounds, it sure is a handful.  I have the old style grip frame and I took a dremel to change the contour.  I have fairly big hands and it's still is a chore to hold.  Would you suggest getting the new grip frame? Should make a great tree stand gun. Thanks.

·
Banned
169 Posts
lhk of KS, I have the Lone Eagle in .358 Win with the new grip and I really like it. One of the biggets advantages of new vs. old grip I think is the protection given to the cocking handle. I have never shot with an old grip gun but with mine I don't think recoil is too bad.

BTW, I don't know how long it has said so on the website but the other day I noticed that MRI has sold all remaining inventory of the Lone Eagle line to CDNN Investments and has stopped producing the Lone Eagle.  Sean

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sean:  Thanks for the reply. Sounds like I need to get the new grip style.  Thanks for letting me know about MRI selling the Loan Eagle line. Who is CDNN Investments?  I should email MRI and see what they say.  This pistol would work great on a deer stand. I have the .444 in a Marlin and it just hammers the deer. I'll try to shape the grip a little further and see what happens.  Thanks again.    

·
Banned
169 Posts
CDNN Investments sells some Mil-Surp guns and parts and accessories. The Website is www.cdnninvestments.com Sean

1 - 4 of 4 Posts