Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got myself a Magnum Research,Lone Eagle on the way and was wondering if any of ya'll own one ??

It is chambered in .243Win w/ factory brake.

Thanks ----- pruhdlr

·
Banned
1,398 Posts
I have one of each version of this pistol in 22 Hornet. The original was made by Ordnance Technology who sold the design to Magnum Research and was made for them by some company until around 1999. They in turn sold the design to Competitor Corporation who updated and made huge improvements in an otherwise basic design. The latest design by them is a truly enjoyable pistol to shoot. You might make the comparison of a Model T, Ford Flat Head V-8 and todays latest Lincoln when describing the various incarnations of this pistol.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

hailstone,thanks for the response.

I also looked at the Competitor Corp. pistols. I liked the idea that some of the newer models have an adjustable trigger and they also have a breach that cocks the weapon when opened.

How are the triggers on the Lone Eagles ?? I have heard that they are so-so but "CAN" be tinkered with. I also read that with the slower lock time,an added over travel screw is in order,which would be an easy drill and thread, or simply glue on a piece of material(of the proper thickness)in back of the trigger.

I'll let you know what I do to mine, and the effects. ----pruhdlr

1 - 3 of 3 Posts