Shooters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the Lone Wolf barrel for my Glock 36 is on it's way to me. I want to shoot lead bullets, not jacketed, and don't want to veer from Glock's recommendation for their barrels - I've heard of some kabooms. Doing the math, comparing Precision Delta 230gr FMJs to 230gr LRNs the $95 barrel will be paid for in 2060 rounds. Plus I don't have to purchase 2000 bullets ($228.00) as a minimum order, but rather 500 ($34.20:)).

So my request of you guys is to tell me some favorite hardcast 230gr LRN .45 ACP loads to start with. Any help is appreciated.

N2L

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I have that barrel for my G36. I load 5.0 grains of Bullseye and a 230 grain LRN from a Lee die.
Pete

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Oh No !!

Not another,"if I use lead bullets in my Glock,it will blow me up",guy.(Anyway)to each their own but you can buy a good quanity of loaded ammo for $95.

BTW.....Glock kaybee's that you have heard about have nothing to do with shooting lead thru the pistols. It is generally a case head support thang.

Anyway....enjoy that Glock(I surely do mine). Good Shootin' -----pruhdlr

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
$

you can buy a good quanity of loaded ammo for $95.
Black Hills remanufactured 230 grain FMJ @ $28.00 per 50 (plus shipping from Midway). That's less than 200 rounds (four boxes) at that price.
Using components that I have on hand, I can load 50 rounds with lead bullets for about three dollars, maybe less.
Pete

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
...you can buy a good quanity of loaded ammo for $95.
Around here that's about 300 rounds. I could use that in one session. I have 12 magazines for this gun which I load before I go to the range, and reload them 2-4 times while there, depending on what I'm working on. The lead will save me plenty. If I blow up a Glock barrel I have no recourse, as I have voided the warranty with the first lead bullet. With Lone Wolf there is no such requirement.

It is also not definitive that case head support is the only reason for failure, though it has been one reason. I've had 3 "non-passive failures" in the 9mm G19, all with reloads and FMJ 115gr bullets. It hurts, but the gun and barrel are fine. Each was with older loads with fast powders. None of the new reloads do this. And I don't want to prove anything similar in .45 ACP with the heavier bullets. Many choose to shoot lead in the Glock barrels. To tell me I'm stupid for not doing so is your choice. I choose not to, and it's my choice, my gun, and my hands.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Not another,"if I use lead bullets in my Glock,it will blow me up",guy.(Anyway)to each their own but you can buy a good quanity of loaded ammo for $95.

BTW.....Glock kaybee's that you have heard about have nothing to do with shooting lead thru the pistols. It is generally a case head support thang.

Anyway....enjoy that Glock(I surely do mine). Good Shootin' -----pruhdlr
There is no need to make fun of a guy asking a serious question. This is not a black and white issue so a little grace goes a long way. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts