Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I bought a Glock 30 in 45acp for carry a while ago. Since I sweat like a hooker in church during the summer I wanted a stainless guide rod and spring for my Glock. After some research I thought $60 was expensive. Fortunately Lone Wolf now offers them for as little as $30! Lone Wolf Distributors - Product Detail - Lone Wolf Generation 4 SS Guide Rod Complete Assembly However things aren't all that great.

Fist off, take a look at the difference in length;

http://www.shootersforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15948&stc=1&d=1423961703[/IMG
]
[IMG]http://www.shootersforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15949&stc=1&d=1423961725

That may not seem like a lot but it mad a BIG difference in how tight the barrel felt. Thats not the only problem. When pulling the trigger the slide would move back just a little. I hope you can see it in the pic..

Even when removing the slide the rod would jerk to the side. Compare that to the stock black spring.

After all of that nonsense the spring liked to slip out of place and stick out the front of the gun. I've not even fired the gun with this part and wont. Something this out of spec cant be good. Ill send it back if Lone Wolf will take it. Sorry for the rant but I didn't want other people to find themselves in the same boat.

Attachments

Reactions: StretchNM

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I am anxious to see what anyone says about this. I have used Lone Wolf barrels in several Glocks, but never their springs/guide rods. I have used Wulff non-captive springs and guide rods. I am curious about your observing the slide moving slightly back upon pulling the trigger. Does the barrel go out of battery by that same amount or is the barrel and slide moving back together? My G23 will move about that far back and still stay in battery, but is under spring tension and will not do so unless I manually push the slide back with my fingers.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am anxious to see what anyone says about this. I have used Lone Wolf barrels in several Glocks, but never their springs/guide rods. I have used Wulff non-captive springs and guide rods. I am curious about your observing the slide moving slightly back upon pulling the trigger. Does the barrel go out of battery by that same amount or is the barrel and slide moving back together? My G23 will move about that far back and still stay in battery, but is under spring tension and will not do so unless I manually push the slide back with my fingers.
The barrel and slide move together when pulling the trigger. Oh and Admins please feel free to change the size of the pics. Wont hurt my feelings.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I personaly don't use aftermarket steel guide rods in my glocks. If they didn't put one in it factory I'm sure there was some sort of reasoning behind it besides cost. I've never had one fail me yet in 7 different models and thousand and thousands of rounds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts