Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They used to be considered a bit heavy and ungainly but compaired to recent developments in large bore revolvers, they are pretty streamline

·
Super Moderator
3,365 Posts
Yep, built when there was pride in workmanship and US ownership too!

Nice Pix!

God Bless,

Marshall

·
Beartooth Regular
2,146 Posts
mcumpston,
    What model and caliber is that bottom revolver? I briefly had a Smith & Wesson 38 Special with 8 3/8" barrel in the '80s, I think it was a Model 14? but I don't remember exactly. It looked a great deal like the one pictured except it seems to me it had an ejector shroud. I do remember it had a wonderful trigger. But like so many other foolish moves, I traded it off on something else. Oh Well!
Nice picture by the way!                     ID

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
some of ( or all?) the 80s model 14s had fully lugged barrels. The one in the picture is a model 17-5 or K22 made from 1988-90 or thereabout.  It came after they stopped putting the through pins as barrel retainers and switched to a different thread on the barrel shank to accomplish the same thing.  It resembles the earlier k-series that included a K38/mod 14 and the old K-32. there is a picture of a post wwII k-22 that resembles the old pattern at http://www.milesfortis.com/guests/mcump/mc07.htm.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,324 Posts
I wish you had not posted those pictures.... now I'm going to have to add that to the list of things that I need!

·
Super Moderator
3,365 Posts
Interesting how you put that Mike.... on the list of things that you need!

Funny thing about us who are gun cranks.... need and want are both four letter words with the same meaning......

Fortunately, for me, the Lord has a way of sorting it all out though, he meets the needs and the wants go wanting!  Makes is easy!

God Bless,

Marshall

<!--EDIT|Marshall Stanton|Mar. 26 2002,10:34-->

·
Banned
410 Posts
Wish the pictures were still posted, what happened to them?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts