Shooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Savage bolt gun that has taken a few ground hogs, it's a nice rifle, but the ammo is not reloadable. When I look for the ammo it is either too pricey or on back order.

Does any one have a source?

Thanks,

Jerry

·
Banned
1,398 Posts
That ammo is running around $12 to $15 per box of fifty in my area. Before one could occassionally find it for under $10 per box. Believe it was originally selling for around $12 so basically its back to introduction pricing. I bought a brick couple months ago for $11 per box but by time sales tax was added it cost nearly $12. Haven't heard what sort of pricing is happening in other areas.

·
Banned
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am in Eastern Ohio and the local mom and pops gun store seems to be the only place that has some good stuff in stock. It's funny I can get 16 gauge shells for under $9 per 25 box, but the other stuff is general out of stuff. My local place isn't afraid to show me their invoices on what they are paying for stuff. They are getting jacked up just like us comsumers.

We're getting into G'Hog season, Feb 1st, then they can't see their shadow on the 2nd.

Thanks,

Jerry

·
Banned
655 Posts
I've got a pretty good stash, so I haven't been watching prices, but I have noticed that Walmart usually has several boxes of Federal or CCI on hand. IIRC, last batch I bought was running in the $12 range.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I run a lot of Hornady and CCI stuff. The Hornady doesn't seem to be readily available except at a local hardware store for about $13 for 50. I use a few different CCI loads (I really like the TNT) and they are readily available at every Wal-Mart I have been to. $12-15 for 50.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
it doesn't seem to long ago we were able to buy TnT's for around 8.00 a box of 50. sure do miss those days. unfortunatly the .17 hmr isn't the only one seeing a big price jump and availability issues. sure wish they would fix what is broken.

·
Registered
750 Posts
plus shipping and waiting...

Looks like they have some good deals there, haven't been to their site in a while...

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
i have bought from midshouth before, even with shipping it was a better deal. it's even better if you buy a lot so the shipping price averages out over all of it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts