Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
This is my first post on this site....I'm trying to find more LR Handgun enthusiasts for the XXX Shoot in XXXXXXXX in June. . .

Moderator edit: This event is clearly to promote the company sponsoring it. Per the board rules, no advertising or self-promotion is allowed without the board owner's prior permission. No links to businesses in the signature lines are allowed without the board owner's prior permission either, so I have removed that as well.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Unclenick,
Is there a place to talk about this shoot, since it is a one of kind for single-shot specialty pistol shooters?

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,136 Posts
XPHunter - yes, you may post in the "My Neck of the Woods" forum about a competition shoot, but you may not post anything that promotes a commercial enterprise.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Rich (MOA Maximum-Company that puts on the shoot) is a personal friend, and I have competed in the shoot since the very first year. I have even posted about here in the past. Ideally, Rich would make some profit from this shoot, but I doubt that he has to this point:eek:
I think Mike posted here in this area is because he is trying to get the word out about the shoot.
Most competitions to be successful over time will have the ability to make some money for their time and efforts--Would that be considered a commercial enterprise?
Not trying to pick nits but rather understand what can and cannot be posted.
Thanks!
Ernie Bishop
FWIW-I am on the Shooter's Committee (just started this year), but I have promoted long-range shooting with specialty handguns in all types of disciplines for a number of years now.

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,136 Posts
Please re-read both MikeG's post and mine.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have been wanting to try some long range pistol shooting. I have read about the 1/4 mile shoots and I have the gun that can do it with my '06 encore. Now I just need to find the place to try doing it some time. Show up with a bunch of ammo and find out how bad I am at it!

·
Registered
410 Posts
45_70,
Love to have you!
You could just show up in Sundance and have fun. If you let Rich know ahead of time you could shoot one of his guns (already set-up), as long as you paid for the component replacement.
Also, there is a LR shooting school in Powers, OR where students shoot out to around 800 yards.
I have a friend that plans on coming to the MOA Shoot who is also a first-timer and he has a barrel similar to yours, 30-06 Improved (His version is the 30-06JDJ).
If you want more info about the shoot and or about the pd shoot before the competition, let me know.
Ernie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts