Shooters Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.,

I'm looking for the following wildcat cases:

.25 Gibbs, .257 Banshee, 6.5 PPC 6.5 RSAUM, 6.5x61 S&H, 6.5 STW, 6.5 RUM, .270-300 Savage, .285 OKH, .35-348, .35-348 AI, .35 Ackley Magnum, .375 Whelen, .450 G&H, .460 G&H, .475 Ackley Magnum, .510 Wells.

Send me a PM if you have any of these case sto spare, or other old "classic" wildcat cases.

I'm also interested in reloading data for these cartridges.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Guys;
Be aware that sending ANY amount of ammunition components out of the United States may be in violation of US arms and ammunition export laws. I am not going to to wade through all those pages in the 2005 ATFE Federal Firearms Rules and Regulations Reference Guide but before sending ANY arms components out of the USA it would behoove you to bone up on the regulations. These types of things are regulated so make sure you are legal before proceeding. Remember, it is your butt on the line if you cross it and get caught.
And for the tin hat crowd, Randy Weaver did not think 1/8 of an inch mattered much either and look what it cost him.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I sent a 30/06 A.I case without a bullet or primer without any problems. My wife went to the P.O. and had another empty that she showed the lady at the window, filled out a few customs papers and for just under $4 it went on it's way...

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,131 Posts
Agree with Tom W. - did the same myself with no problems after declaring what was being shipped and the customs paperwork.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Shipping out of the US, inert, empty small arms ammo cases was OK a few months ago when I shipped some to England. Now, what's legal on the otherside depends on the country in question. Loaded stuff can be carried to England but I don't think it can be shipped, nor would I try. No experience with Norway but I have no wildcat cases anyway.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have had several cases sent from the US to Norway and never had any problems with US Customs, nor have the guys who have sent to me. As long as the case is empty and without a live primer and marked as empty brass or empty inert cartridge case, there are no problems.

And it is legal for me here in Norway to get cases sent from other countries, there are no restrictions. Only if the value is too high, then I have to pay customs tax.

Still looking for more wildcat cases btw, Gibbs, Mashburn, Ackley, OKH and others.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Cartridge collecting

30 Newton,
Glad to here the shell I sent was received, No fuss, No muss, 3x4 card to fill out at the Post Office, Sorry I over packed it.
Jim

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jim, yes your case came through ok. And it was an interesting case too, thanks for sending it.

Still looking for more wildcat cases, everything is of interest.

·
Banned
4,920 Posts
I should think if you drilled a 1/8" (3mm) hole in the side, the case would be considered "inert" and that would be that...

·
Registered
304 Posts
Guys;

And for the tin hat crowd, Randy Weaver did not think 1/8 of an inch mattered much either and look what it cost him.
the case, or lack thereof against randy weaver had little to do with shotgun barrels and a
whole lot to do with a run amuck government agency.
yes randy lost a great deal during that fiasco. was he ever charged and sent to jail?
was anybody ever charged and sent to jail?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Guys;
Be aware that sending ANY amount of ammunition components out of the United States may be in violation of US arms and ammunition export laws. I am not going to to wade through all those pages in the 2005 ATFE Federal Firearms Rules and Regulations Reference Guide but before sending ANY arms components out of the USA it would behoove you to bone up on the regulations. These types of things are regulated so make sure you are legal before proceeding. Remember, it is your butt on the line if you cross it and get caught.
Big Bore is correct guy's you do need an export license to ship- brass,bullets,ammo and the list goes on. Check out the State Dept rules.

·
Banned
4,920 Posts
Big Bore is correct, guys. You do need an export license to ship brass, bullets, ammo-- and the list goes on. Check out the State Department rules.
What about if the primer pocket is drilled over-large so it cannot accept any type of primer at all-- and that hole in the side of the case?

·
Banned
4,920 Posts

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Big Bore is correct guy's you do need an export license to ship- brass,bullets,ammo and the list goes on. Check out the State Dept rules.
Yep, and that is exactly the reason for this UN Small Arms Treaty, to stop import and export or really clamp down on it.

·
Banned
4,920 Posts
. . . UN Small Arms Treaty-- to stop import and export, or to really clamp down on it.
The only nation that will abide this treaty is the United States. I sincerely doubt the warlords, thugs, murderers, dictators and tyrants in the various sub-Saharan cesspools of Africa will care one whit about words written by folks just like them...

·
Banned
4,920 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,652 Posts
Hi guys.,

I'm looking for the following wildcat cases:

.25 Gibbs, .257 Banshee, 6.5 PPC 6.5 RSAUM, 6.5x61 S&H, 6.5 STW, 6.5 RUM, .270-300 Savage, .285 OKH, .35-348, .35-348 AI, .35 Ackley Magnum, .375 Whelen, .450 G&H, .460 G&H, .475 Ackley Magnum, .510 Wells.

Send me a PM if you have any of these case sto spare, or other old "classic" wildcat cases.

I'm also interested in reloading data for these cartridges.
I have a wildcat that I believe is the only one of its kind in the world ....:eek:wait to be corrected:eek:
257RRI Had the case configuration made from my own specifics on a 7x57Rimmed case. If you want to add one of these I no doubt can ship one from the UK. PM me an address and e mail.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts