Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building a custom rifle and was planning on using my current weatherby vanguard in .300 win mag. Then as I looked into it more I realized the only thing I would be using in my build was the action/reciever. So, that got me thinking I should just buy that to use in my build instead of tearing my current one apart. So does anyone know where I can either buy or trade for one? I have several guns and other nice items I could trade or just buy straight up. What would something like that sell for? I would like it to be in either .300 Win Mag or .338 Win Mag Caliber I would be more interested in a Mark V but I also don't mind the vanguard. Thanks

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,870 Posts
Since you're buying and not selling, we'll waive the normal 25 posting requirement for this post and move it to the "Trading Post" for you where it will receive more exposure.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
With all the discounting of the rifle, I suspect there will be no saving on just buying a Hows action. You could buy the rifle and then sell the barrel and stock on e-bay?

Or not sure what you want? But you could also buy a rifle new in a calliber with the same dia barrel at what you hant. say, If you wnat a 300 wildcat, just buy a 300w mag or a 30-06 new and rechamber.

I assume you know that custom rifle cost a lot. You might even want to start on a little better action, to keep as much value as pocsible (m700, etc)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes my complete build minus the price of whatever action I go with is priced out at 1750. Includes all gunsmithing. That's Douglas barrel fluted, blasted, muzzle break and floated. Bedding the action on a custom thumbhole stock true the lug ect ect... I just didnt want to tear apart my gun I have now. Would rather trade my shotgun in and get a used gun or action. Or if I can purchase one cheap ( under 350) buy one outright or a combination there of.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also don't mind the Remington 700 action. I just started out weatherby because my current rifle is a weatherby but as I am doing a complete build now and not using my current rifles action I can go either Remington 700 or Weatherby

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,870 Posts
Gentlemen - this is a buy/sell/trade forum. No need for long explanations or discourse on what/how/why to build.

Thank you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts