Shooters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not so much about politics, but the groups that endorse politicians. My local congressman got an A from the NRA and from the BFA for being progun, but he voted for healthcare reform, which seems to include support for groups of medical people that say that firearms are a "disease" that kills or cause injuries to people. The CDC also stand behind this kind of rhetoric concerning firearms as threat to human life. Both of the doctors I see are very progun because of where we live and our lack of police protection.

None of my guns have planned and committed a crime, so why am I going to be punished?? Yes, I know people kill people.

I just haven't figured out why groups endorse people in a very narrow spectrum without asking their membership.

Jerry

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,136 Posts
When this thread becomes political, it will be locked.

Post accordingly.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Because they profit on fear, they have to scare to stay alive. Thats how everything seems to work these days.

·
Banned
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forget the politicians, remember that the NRA and other organizations score the politicians on being gun friendly. When it isn't cut and dry any longer.

Jerry

·
Registered
13,290 Posts
I have always felt I was choosing the lesser of two evils, when casting my vote for any given politician. If I could find someone running for office that promised to cut taxes and spending, AND wanted to go shooting next Saturday, he'd get my vote! Used to be our leaders were men who had fought in defense of our country and shot game to feed their families. These days, they went to a Division 1 university to get a law degree and would look very uncomfortable working the lever on a Model '94. The best we can hope for is to find candidates who support the 2nd amendment and seem to have at least a modicum of common sense in their head, on other matters. I'm hoping this November there is a strong message sent to Washington on what matters to most Americans.

Maybe we should pass a resolution that every member of Congress be required to take and pass a handgun training course?! :D

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Dianne Feinstein did that. Didn't help.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,739 Posts
Good one, Nick. Although I can say for Texas, we have it good, quite a few members of the legislature carry and I think it does help. Probably would help if more elected officials got out and at least shot a gun once, or took a training class. They won't all "get it" but more of them will.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
It really seems as the West states (excluding a few) are very pro gun, pro citizen rights, and relaxed on overbearing taxation - and the East states get to make all the rules, because they have all the people... The Constitution clearly spells out that the majority will rule, but the minority will always have a voice. The FFA's are our voice.

·
Nawth East Moderatah
5,467 Posts
It really seems as the West states (excluding a few) are very pro gun, pro citizen rights, and relaxed on overbearing taxation - and the East states get to make all the rules, because they have all the people... The Constitution clearly spells out that the majority will rule, but the minority will always have a voice. The FFA's are our voice.

Matt;

i'll send you as many folks as you'd like....
:p

Seems NJ, as bad as it's always been toward Gun owners, is turned for the worst.
One gun a month, more fees for pistol permits...the list goes on.

Two more years till permanance in NH.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Nope, I want the real goal of the Constitution to be realized, the States should have more power than the Feds, the Feds should keep out.

·
Banned
3,948 Posts
I personally would like to see ALL the states get on the same page as far as Concealed Carry goes! Yep, same fees and somewhat better qualifications too, meaning if your going to charge as much money as my state does, you should get more practical training wilth the firearm at the range and so on.

Edited to remove political comment;

kdub

·
Registered
13,290 Posts
I personally would like to see ALL the states get on the same page as far as Concealed Carry goes! Yep, same fees and somewhat better qualifications too, meaning if your going to charge as much money as my state does, you should get more practical training wilth the firearm at the range and so on.

Edited to remove political comment;

kdub
As much as I would love to see all states implement a CC policy, I would only support if it was NOT controlled by the Federal government. I would like to see a steady reversion of power back to individual states and a contraction of our national government. That needs to start with average citizens looking to their own local and state government for solutions, instead of the Fed's.

If each state had their own CC policy, however they chose to implement it, and there was no national registration required, I think we would all be a lot safer and our elected officials in Washington D.C. would be a mite more "respectful". That's the way it was supposed to be, anyway.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
The whole permit system is out of control, there shouldn't be any permits, "shall not be infringed" thats what a permit that is only given if you meet specific requirements and pay a tax to get it is.

As far as I see it, if the state issues a permit they are endorsing you and accept full liability for your actions, just like police officers.

·
Banned
2,380 Posts
lot of truth in this thread.. truth to me is only one knows the future..
my gun is what gives me the opportunity to stop an intruder.. theres no wife at home now ,,so its gonna be my decision as to taking a young misguided thugs life just to keep some things ,i have here,from being stolen.. i may force him to listen to my testimony of the error of his ways..this after ive called 911.. then he pays mans price for his transgression.. but he s never gonna forget the home owner that didn t take his life..
who knows this might make a difference in the direction he goes in the future..thats my prayer anyway..slim
ps.. what he don t know is im an easy touch ,an would probably have given him what he wanted,if hed ask..
im not a things person.. people are way more important to me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts