Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
GREAT INFORMATION!!!!

I have 2 Winchester 94 AE Trappers that have the rebounding hammer. I had thought about changing out the rebounding hammer action to the non rebounding type. But I just did not know where to start. I never thought about comparing the rebounding hammer action to that of the non rebounding hammer action. I logged on to the Winchester parts section of their website and looked at the schematics and wondered what was the difference. I also did not know who to ask.

BUT I NOW KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!

Thank you very much Joseph G. Miller, Marshall Stanton and Beartooth Bullets Shooter's Forum.

I also printed this text out just in case.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Well, I successfully swapped out the complete lower tang from my Winchester 94 Wrangler I (pre-rebounding hammer) to my Winchester 1894-1994 AE Wrangler (rebounding hammer with crossbolt safety).

It worked just fine. The crossbolt safety does not interfere with the hammer at all.

One minor problem though, maybe. The crossbolt safety does NOT interfere with the hammer even with the crossbolt safety ENGAGED. Could be a liability somewhere down the road. "What I mean is that someone got hold of the rifle and seeing the crossbolt safety assumed it worked as intented. Not good. Either use the safety or remove it. No surprises."

I swapped everything back to original.

I will have to think this through.

I will still swap out the lower tang with rebounding hammer on my Winchester 94 AE Trappers.

Any ideas on the crossbolt safety? I know it can be removed, but that leaves two holes.

Yanqui

·
Banned
738 Posts
Yanqui,
Oglesby & Oglesby in Springfield IL has told me that they make a plug assembly to fill in the holes when the safety is removed.
I don't know if it is available for do it yourselfers, or if they require you to let them do it.
Their phone number is: 217-487-7100

1 - 4 of 4 Posts