Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi-

I looking for a fairly soft lube that does not
require much heat in order to lube bullets. I've tried the hard lubes that require high heat but can't seem to find a way to stop them from leaving a coat on the base of the bullets when sizing. The softer lubes that require little heat don't give me this problem to the same extent but I'm looking for a lube with better performance.

If anyone can help get my Lyman sizer to stop leaking lube all over the base of the bullets that would be great.

Kevin

·
Registered
220 Posts
Kevin,
Adjust your sizer so the bullets in queston can be seated deeper in the sizing die. That should take care of the annoying bullet base lube problem. Take care, and keep casting away, my friend.

LBT soft is a fantastic lube that can be obtained thru sixgunner.com . I find it to be superb, and can drive bullets in excess of 2700 fps, without leading, using water dropped WW projectiles.
Jeff

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jeff-

As always your a great help. I'm ordering the LBT blue. Sounds like just the ticket. Thanks.

God bless
Kevin

·
Registered
98 Posts
Have you folks tried the Beartooth lube? Seems to work good on marshall's bullets. It's available on the bullet selection page.

EricG

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eric-

I have some of the Beartooth lube and it is great stuff but I can't get my sizer to work very well with it. It gets all over everything and when it hardens it is really difficult to remove. This is no reflection on the lube itself but my inexperience with the process and sizer.

God bless
Kevin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts