Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A question that Lyman could not answer effectively for me: Will a NEW Lyman 66 peep sight fit the "new" Browning Model 71 reproductions? The rifle is not listed on their website as a model it fits and the company's reply to my question was ridiculous, "just have the receiver drilled and tapped for our sight and it will fit."

The rifle comes pre-drilled for a peep sight... are all peep sights for flat sided receivers drilled and tapped the same?

Williams makes the WMS FP-71 model for the model 71, 86 (1886?) 05, 07, and 10... but makes separate sights for the model 94, FP-94/36, FP-94/375, FP-94BBSE and the FP-94SE.

The Lyman 66 is listed as fitting the "old Win '94," Marlin 336 and 39A, and the Knight MK 85.

Will it fit my 71...?

I've seen several Lyman sights on older Win 71's so why not mine?

Thanks,

Alek

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,732 Posts
I think you would probably get more visibility on this in the big bore lever gun topic.

I'll move it for you.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The Lyman 66WB will fit the 1886 platform, and the Win. 1895 platform. I have them on my 1886 and my 1895. They work well.

:cool:

·
Registered
227 Posts
It may fit, however the model 71 receiver is wider than those based on a "94" frame, so you need to consider whether the windage piece will reach far enough to center the aperture over the bore. Most peep sights have a very long windage adjustment capability, so it may work, but you would notice that the windage piece is offset somewhat to place it directly above boresight.
Bob Nisbet

1 - 5 of 5 Posts