Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be doing an in-depth look at the Lyman Digital Trigger pull gauge later for a tech note, but I'll tell you folks that it is a dandy of a tool!  It takes all the guesswork out of trigger pulls, and is MUCH more sensitive than others I've used, too the repeatability of the device is fantastic.   Interesting when comparing shooting and accuracy results, when we compare the trigger pull characteristics of those guns that seemingly "don't group well"... it might not necessarily be the gun... but the jerk behind the trigger!

More later,

God Bless,

Marshall

·
Registered
14 Posts
I do appreciate you looking into the subject.  I am in need of one for an future military rifle match and for personal use.  Where have you seen it advertised?

·
Beartooth Regular
7,776 Posts
Hi, lhk:
  One of the mail order outfits might be cheaper, but you can order directly from Lyman.
<a href="http://www.lymanproducts.com/lymanproducts/Default.htm

Bye" target="_blank">http://www.lymanproducts.com/lymanproducts/Default.htm

Bye</a>
Jack

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I'll be doing an in-depth look at the Lyman Digital Trigger pull gauge later for a tech note, but I'll tell you folks that it is a dandy of a tool! *It takes all the guesswork out of trigger pulls, and is MUCH more sensitive than others I've used, too the repeatability of the device is fantastic. * Interesting when comparing shooting and accuracy results, when we compare the trigger pull characteristics of those guns that seemingly "don't group well"... it might not necessarily be the gun... but the jerk behind the trigger!

More later,

God Bless,

Marshall
Well you got some one to laugh !!

Well then some of us have a good wife that can shoot . That way I can tell too if it was just "the jerk behind the trigger ". Quote "gun will not group ."

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
IMO, a bit pricey for occasional use but far more accurate than the coil spring type. If you have a continuous need for accurately testing trigger pulls, a digital is definitely the way to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts