Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opportunity to but about 650 rounds of M1 Garand FMJ ammo in the enblock clips, bandoleers, and ammo cans. I'm not sure of the year of manufacture but the head stamp is IWI, Winchester, etc. Ammo cans and bandollers are modern style so they're not WW2 or Korean war era. The ammo is very clean and dry. Can someone give me a fair value for the ammo.

·
Premium Member
15,574 Posts
"Fair value" for ammo right now is like asking the price of soybeans in 2040. Nobody knows but some will gamble. Will you?

Reactions: kdub

·
The Shadow (Moderator)
8,521 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
It's hard to say what it would sell for. A buck a round is not a rare price anymore. I wouldn't give a buck a round but, a lot of people do.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Buck a round sounds fair to me ..
I know for sure I wouldn't take less than a buck 50 for anything I've got. .

·
Registered
680 Posts
I probably wouldn't either but, I wouldn't pay that for more. I've got some and can load more. Yeah, I'm a smartass.

·
Banned
105 Posts
I have an opportunity to but about 650 rounds of M1 Garand FMJ ammo in the enblock clips, bandoleers, and ammo cans. I'm not sure of the year of manufacture but the head stamp is IWI, Winchester, etc. Ammo cans and bandollers are modern style so they're not WW2 or Korean war era. The ammo is very clean and dry. Can someone give me a fair value for the ammo.
IWI? Winchester?
Never saw an IWI headstamp. There is an IMI headstamp.

I know of an Israeli firearms company called IWI but they don't make ammo for an M1 Garand.

Winchester never manufactured any ammo with an IMI headstamp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts