Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

I have an excellent shooting M1A that I am thinking about mounting a scope on. I noticed that Leatherwood scopes are now on the market again and at fair prices and that's why I am tempted to purchase a scope mount for it. I am familar with the early scope mounts which were terrible at holding a zero. What I am interested in are the newer steel scope mounts. If I do mount a scope I don't plan to remove it unless the scope breaks! :) Anyone have any good data about the newer scope mounts? Thanks!

longrangehunter

·
Nawth East Moderatah
5,467 Posts
I own the Gen 2 Springfield armory mount. It came with directions on how to seat the mount on the rifle, and to date, has been removable and holds zero pretty well.

The Leatherwood scoped of today are not like the ones of old;
these are made in China, and from what I have read, have issues.

I went with a Bushnell fixed 10x in their 3200 series, which has worked very, very well.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I own the Gen 2 Springfield armory mount. It came with directions on how to seat the mount on the rifle, and to date, has been removable and holds zero pretty well.
The Leatherwood scoped of today are not like the ones of old;
these are made in China, and from what I have read, have issues.
I went with a Bushnell fixed 10x in their 3200 series, which has worked very, very well.
Thanks amigo,
It's been a while since we talked. I'll check out one of the Gen 2 mounts asap. Removable and still holds zero? That's even better. And thanks for letting me know about the issues with the new Leatherwood scopes. I have one of the Bushnell scopes on my sniper rifle and it has performed flawlessly. Think after reading your comments I'll go the same way with another Bushnell scope. They have the Mil-Dot system which I was trained on anyway. :)

longrangehunter

·
Nawth East Moderatah
5,467 Posts
for the money, you cannot beat the Bushnell 3200 series. I prefer the fixed 10x with mil-dot, but the 3200's are great scopes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts