Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post gents, so greetings from Australia. :)
I've found a Winchester Big Bore in 375 Winchester and the price is reasonable. I was wondering however whether all the 375s were made as Angle Eject models or not? On quick inspection I believe its an XTR model but couldn't find AE anywhere on it. It rattles lots compared to my Marlin 45/70 too!! :D
Thanks...
Con

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
Con
They were made both ways. I have a top eject .375 and it is marked XTR. If yours in an angle eject it will say so with an AE on the barrel markings. . I have never seen an angle eject .375 "in person". All of the top eject .375's that I have seen have a serial number beginning with BB. None of our other Big Bore rifles have the BB prefix. I have heard that the early monte carlo stocked Big Bores had the BB prefix but I am not sure about that. The top ejects have the extractor flush inleted in the top center of the bolt. The angle ejects are drilled for scope mounts on the forward receiver bridge and on each side of the action for the rear mounts. My top eject has two holes on the left side for a reciever sight, just ahead of the cheeks, that the angle ejects do not have.

·
Registered
204 Posts
My .375 is a M94AE XTR without the crossbolt safety. It also has the version of the lever that is more loose than the original or current design. It was produced with the "Monte Carlo" stock and is an angle eject. According to a gent at Leverguns.com who goes by the handle of "OD" their were apparently 19,000 or so Angle Eject .375's made. Mine is in the 16,000 range; the serial #'s were stamped with the "AE" prefix in front of the serial number (AE16XXX).

Hope this helps, :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts