Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of some info. I am thinking of stading/selling my Winchester M94 takedown. This model has a 26 inch half round half octagon barrel with the cresent stock. The gun is tight & it appears to have been made in 1929. Worn bluing and stock but all original. The only "wart" I can see are the screws in the tang. They appear to be a brownish/brass color. A fellow at my club states he would rate it at 75-80%. He is a knowledgable guy BUT not a huge collector or dealer. Almost forgot the caliber is 32 Win Special. Thanks for any input......

·
Registered
60 Posts
Have you tried gunbroker? That will always give you a idea..I think the takedown and 32 caliber are priced at a premium but because of the slower twist, guys like a good bore in the 32

·
Registered
15 Posts
You didn't mention if your .32 is a half or full magazine. If it dates around 1929 it was at the very end of production as the 94 rifle was phased out in favour of the model 55. If it has a full mag it will command a higher price as nearly all half round(special order) configurations were made with half mags unless the customer specified differently.Gunbroker is okay but look at the guns which have actually sold not the ones which have been listed at a ridiculous price for months. The tang screws should be blued steel at least originally, the large one at the rear holds the buttstock on and the small forward on is for a tang peep sight. If they have been swapped you should be able to find replacements fairly easy. Without pics it's hard to sat but as you describe it should be worth $1500 and up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts