Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone seen one of these revolvers in person? I am interested in getting one (expecially since they came out in 475), but I have no idea how good of quality they are or how good they shoot.

·
Registered
251 Posts
The ones I've handled seem to be about the same quality as the factory Rugers, only in calibers Ruger isn't likely to build them in. They are, however, about the least expensive form you're likely to find a .475 Linebaugh in.
Mark

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I have a 454 Cassull Mag Research single action. I have fired a large number of heavy rounds from it with no problems. The chambers are cut tight and finished well. The cylinder gap is at minimum. It may not have the finish of some of the custom guns, but it is half the price. The gunshop had one in 480 and it was like mine in every respect. A very good shooting iron.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I had a bfr 480 tthat I bought new I kept it for about two months. I didnt like it it was too big the grip is terrible for heavy recoil. fit and finish were no better then a ruger (if as good) sights sucked! who would put a stainless sight on a gun its unusable in the sunlight. and there customer service dept. really sucked when I contacted them. For the money buy a ruger bisley and sent it and $500 to clemmet and you can have one sweet .45 if you really want a .475 clements and gary reader will build one for you for not alot more then what MR charges. I sold mine and put it toward have John Linebaugh build me one. Its more money but Ill have this gun for a lifetime and the pride of ownership out weighs the price of admission. Plus its a perfect match to my .500

1 - 4 of 4 Posts