Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 fps 9mm, 2300 fps 9x23 Winchester. Such performance can be had with cast bullet reloads, too, but you have to cast with "non-lead" solder (95% tin, 5% antimony) from a plumbing supply store. Then must hollowbase it in a lathe, load them over a scary amount of Bullseye powder. Need strong brass cases and fully supported barrels, too. need the Lee handsizer, because the bullets are too hard to size in a regular luber-sizer machine. use Lee's alox lube.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I think I can hear someone yelling, "Hey, Bubba, watch this!" :eek:
or, "hey Bubba, hold my beer and watch this"

I'll catch it on youtube

Grizz

·
Registered
120 Posts
I guess I would have to ask "WHY"? Most .45acp rounds that are like the Magsafe are a +P round and should only be fired in pistols that are rated +P or fired on rare occasion then kept for ccw carry. It sounds like a lot of work for something that is probably bad for your pistol as far as pressures are concerned and personally I would never ever use a handload for personal defense. Well, lets not say never ever because there are circumstances beyond our controll that might leave you in a life or death situation where all there is to use to save you keister are handloads. BUT, with forethought intact and proper preparation I see no reason to try producing such a round.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts