Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for words of wisdom. Have an old Unertal( or how ever you spell it) Ultra Varmit 12x Scope that I had not shot in probably 3 years. Took it out to the range on Fri. on Pre 64 M70, 243, and could not get it to focus. This has always been a great scope and I am wondering if it has lost gas, or whatever. On top of that, it was a present from my wife in my return from Nam, so it has sentamental value as well. Would appreciate any info that someone out there might have on who might be able to do repair work on it with some kind of warantee.

I thank in advance all who respond to this thread.
Paul

·
Registered
238 Posts
Mr. Nichols - Not trying to be a wise guy but have you had your eyes checked lately? My dad had the same problem with his Leupold 2x -7x and it turned out that he needed a stronger pair of lenses for his glasses. Barring that I think BCstocker gave you the best advice. Good luck.. CEJ..

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Old Target Scope

Many thanks for the e-mail address. Thread on the way as I write this. As to old eyes, have to admit that is an issue for my 64+ year old bod that has had catarac surg in my right eye (shoot right handed). However on that same day, I was shooting two other rifles both scoped with no problem, so ruled that out. Of course, like the old saying goes, I am not the man I once was, but once I am the man I always was-----at least in my minds eye. Again, many thanks to both of you. Will advise on result of e-mail.
Paul

NRA Endowment Member

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scope

Am now in touch with Unertl, and will be sending scope back in for maintenance. Boy have prices gone up. Shows my senior moments and probable lack of reality. The information on this forum is fantastic.

Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts