Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have had good experience with Beeswax and moly grease, 50/50. Its about the consistency of peanut butter, its messy but works for me and others. I melt the beeswax in a double boiler for safety and then add the grease. I take a sample and cool it to test if its too stiff or not stiff enough before I let the whole batch cool.
Good luck

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bullet lube

thanks Jsirm for that info . ?if I make it with more bees wax to where it can be made into a harder stick will it work? I used a real soft lube one time and what a mess I had on my hands I'm looking for a harder lube I can make into sticks to run through mr rcbs lube-A-Matic 2 well thank you for the info Iwill see what I can do with it

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bullet lube

HI Lloyd Smale Forest here thanks for the info. but Jack Monteith has already given felix lube recipe to me but thank you verry much for the try :)

·
Banned
555 Posts
Lloyd smale, How ya doin hoss? Sorry we could'nt get together last fall.
This felix lube, what is the top velocities obtainable. Maybe 2200 fps, lookin for a lube to go with the .458 WM and 465 grain Saeco gc. But will also work well with the .44.
Thanks, John

·
Registered
176 Posts
Ive found nothing better at controlling leading at any velocity. I have been experimenting with mixing Felix lube and Billy Marrs lube at different ratios and the most user friendly and best preforming so far is 30% billys and 70% felix you can find billys lube at http://www.bbtcastbulletsales.com/ i HAVE also been experimenting with mixing felix with lbt blue with some good early results. The felix alone is a great lube but it is a little messy for storing large quanities of bullets for long periods and I cast all winter so I can shoot all summer. Another option with the felix is to mix in a little paraphin wax when you make it to firm it up a little. I just have so much of billys lube and lbt blue that I tried that first I was just given a pile of thompsons blue angle hard lube that is about useless as hard as it is maybe that will be the next project. If you want to try some give me an email

1 - 8 of 8 Posts