Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I was looking at Sig's mcx and thought it looked great. (I'm not a fan of direct impingement, or the buffer tube of an AR). I was thinking a 6x45 would be great in it, sadly tho sig only has there calibers for it .300 blackout, 7.62x39, and 5.56. I was wondering if there was a way to make a 6mm barrel for it, or if there is anyone who could. The gas system is self adjusting so I don't think that would be an issue. Any and all help would be appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
647 Posts
Well you could just have a 556 barrel bored out to 6mm, and have the chamber cleaned up(6x45). I am not sure who rebores barrels like that one, but call JES Reboring. They may be able to help, or point you in the correct direction. Personally, I see nothing wrong with a AR/M4 style gas system, its strong, and reliable. The plus side is you can buy one and use the lower for a lot of other calibers, with a simple upper receiver change. Heck theres several high quality 6x45 uppers available for a Ar style rifle....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Personally, I see nothing wrong with a AR/M4 style gas system, its strong, and reliable. The plus side is you can buy one and use the lower for a lot of other calibers, with a simple upper receiver change. Heck theres several high quality 6x45 uppers available for a Ar style rifle....
The mcx upper will work with a standard lower and it's lower will work with some buffer less uppers. You may be able to put a buffer tube on it but I'm not sure if you can do that to the lower. As far as the gas system goes it's just a prefrence, same as AR vs ak. Both get the job done but some people prefer one over the other.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts