Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

I haven't posted here for a while. I'm in need of a 90% inletted stock for a Mannlicher Schoenauer rifle. I have a barreled action cornered, but can't find a stock for it. I would prefer a half stock , but would settle for anything right now.

Does anyone know of any of the stock companies that makes Mannlicher Schoenauer stocks?

Thanks...

Ron

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the same thing sitting in the gun-plumbers shop. Unfortunately mine will need a little more TLC than just a stock.
What I've found out is that there aren't any. Your best bet is to find a really good wood guy that can widdle out what you want from a blank. This guy would be a good place to start, he has a lot of experience and contacts in the MS world. http://wattswalnut.com/ I bought my scope bases from him.
What model do you have? What happened to the original stock? Any possibility of repairing the original? PM me and let me know what you end up doing, I'll need someone to do mine after the action gets refurbished.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found a local MS collector who has a passable stock right after I posted, but he wants too much for it. I'm trying to work out a deal with him on it.

There used to be a wood worker just north of me, who has a duplicator. He charges $100 to duplicate a stock if you supply the wood and the pattern. I'm trying to get his phone number or address, but not having much luck.

Thanks...

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Here's a possible lead:

A.W. "Tom" Tompkins
P.O.Box 37
Hathorne, MA 01937

tel: (978) 774 - 4106 (days)

tel: (781) 598 - 1155 (eves)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts