Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the folding rear sight in yesterday. It was loose, as others reported. Put some JB weld on one of the sides of the sight, and built up the bottom a bit. Let it cure overnight. Drove it in this morning. Seems pretty solid. The sight is adjustable for elevation and windage, Cool. Now need a break in the weather for a range trip.

Front gold bead and rear tang went on easy.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Are you sure you got the correct model tang sight for your rifle? My marbles tang sight for my 357 Rossi fits it perfectly and is solid as a rock.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Darn fine looking Rossi you got there. BTW, you might want to remove your rear sight or better still replace it with a Marbles #0064 folding rear sight. That's what I did on mine.

·
Banned
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine folds, I bought all the parts you suggested except for the taller front post. I also got a fiber optic front to try out.

One question, the adjustment screw on the folding sight seems pretty easy to turn. Is that how yours is?

·
Registered
579 Posts
I guess I didn't look close enough as a second look confirms that it does indeed fold. I went with a 37W (.370") front sight with a 1/16" brass bead. I'm pretty sure that is the same height as the stock front sight, I just wanted a thinner sight and smaller bead for more precise aiming.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts