Shooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I get a report on the Marlin 22 Magnum? The Marlin 983S looks good in the picture but I would like to hear from a user. Tell me about accuracy, trigger, and general use satisfication. This would be a woods running rifle.----------------------TAP---------------------

·
Banned
5 Posts
Can I get a report on the Marlin 22 Magnum? The Marlin 983S looks good in the picture but I would like to hear from a user. Tell me about accuracy, trigger, and general use satisfication. This would be a woods running rifle.----------------------TAP---------------------
I have a 982VS, the WMR rifle in stainless. I am a new shooter though, so I'm not sure my opinion is worth much, but it seems accurate to me. I've been shooting at 100yrds pretty well. Groups are getting better as I practice, although still not great. I mostly think I'm just a crummy shot. The trigger seems a little stiff (I've only put a about 300 rounds through the rifle so maybe it will loosen up), and the 7 bullet clip occasionally doesn't feed. I'm pretty sure it's the magazine which needs a little work. I don't know what the differencesare between the 982 and the 983. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Like Simongirty, my old 783 was the most accurate .22 I've ever had. Then at times I do unreasonable stupid things like sale or trade guns I've should have kept! The difference on Marlin guns are the x25 and x82 series are detachable magazine fed rifles and the x83 are tube mags. All new Marlins come with both a 4rd and 7 rd detachable magazines and their new trigger. I will buy another Marlin .22 mag rifle as they are that good. Superb balance, weight, accuarcy and realibilty.

Thunderworks- have you tried another magazine?

CD

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've got an old 25m, I think it is, that shoots extremely well. The trigger was rough and heavy when I first got it years ago, but I polished everything and it is actually pretty smooth, and much lighter. Over the years the trigger pull improved some more through use. I really like it, except that the magazine protrudes right at the balance point if I'm carrying it.

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
thunder .. id get another magazine for sure..if a gun is iffy in the dependability department.. it don t stay my gun long..jmo slim

·
Registered
474 Posts
The 983 is a tubular feed rifle as you know. Reports I have read indicate they are as accurate as their magazine fed brethren.

I am looking for a good x83 Marlin too. Already have the scope for it.:)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Marlin

I have the Marlin 782 and 783 and the 882 and 883 all came from the used gun racks. They are great rifles. Take care...
Oberndorf

1 - 9 of 9 Posts