Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a marlin 336 30/30 with bad chamber wood like to chamber it to 307 win can this rifle handle it . cleaned up chamber but it still leves ring on case but now it ejects ok an chamber is not over sized but its on the edge.

·
Registered
6,647 Posts
Check the Marlin 336 board for a number of posts on re-chambering to .307.
What happened to your chamber?
Where was the damage?
.30-30 Improved may be a simpler option.
Replacement barrels are not very expensive from Gun Parts Corp.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

chamber has a slite ring just befor neck and cases came out hard. pulled baril and pulshed chamber and its ok but leaves slite ring on case but chamber is not over sized yet. have a win in 307 and love it but hate to take on hourse back becase its so nice. the marlin is dinged up so i cant hert it well it wont brake my heart. and have 307 reamer!

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
The 336 can be converted to .307 Winchester. I would make sure that barrel is everyting it once was though. A ring on the inside usually corresponds with a ring on the outside, or a possible weak point. As William said, replacement barrel can be had relativley inexpensivley, so may a new barrel would be the way to go. I'd have a good 'smith check it one way or the other.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kcih

baril is ok had checked when i frist got gun. the smith said it was a bad reamer and it was safe to shoot. i have a gun smith check my work befor and after i do it he just makes me buy lunch so its worth it to me becase i still have a hole lot to learn. he has me bulding vz24/s in 300win mag now frist tow came out grate but this one he had me use wood on the stock and have found you can not hide your massups! i asked him about 336 to 307 and he did not think he wood do it. he said the marlin is not as strong as a win. so i figed i would get a second openoun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts