Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today at a local gun shop I was paying off a layaway when I noticed a small looking Marlin Guide Gun on the rack.  I picked it up and realized it was one of the "1 of 1000" .35 Remington 336G's that I had read about in another post.  I was hooked instantly!  
However, my wallet is rather slim lately and I could only manage to put it in layaway with $50.00 down; which I did.

One question I have about this little carbine is were they made with Micro-Groove rifling or Ballard Style rifling?  If it's Micro-Grove that's ok with me, I was just curious if anybody knew.

Now if I can just get the rest of the money together................

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,229 Posts
Dutch,

You can tell just looking at the crown.  It's pretty obvious.

Do this next time you stop by to visit, if no one else knows off the top of their heads.....

What's the barrel length?  I have standard 336 / .35 Rem with a 20" barrel, it sure is handy.  I call it my 'mini guide gun' also even though that's not what it was originally sold as.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mike-

The barrel is 18 1/2 inches, I believe.  I'm embarrassed to admit it but I was so excited to stumble across one of these that I got it to the counter as fast as I could.  I even violated my own personal rule of asking for the shops bore light to check the bore to make sure the employee's hadn't got carried away "testing" it.  That's why I asked about the rifling.

The carbine has the straight grip, half magazine and ported barrel like its bigger cousins.  Very handy package all in all.  I'm not crazy about the muzzle ports, but I'm sure I can live with them.  

The action is very tight with no slop (something I've grown accustomed to with my Winchesters) and this thing swings to the shoulder like a dream.

Should be a great little setup with a Williams F/P mounted on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts