Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
36 Posts
I hear it is supposed to be an acurate cartridge. Be glad when I find the magic formula for mine. It has replaced my ruger #1 .257 as the most aggravating rifle I own.
Tear your hair out & have fun. If you can make it work, please let me know.
Marlin advertises a .378 bore, but mine is .379. not many .379 bullets around.

·
Banned
36 Posts
My experience with Marlin 336CB, 38-55 is along same lines as most people on the Marlin talk board. If yours does what you say, you should invest heavily in the lottery as you surely are a lucky one. After nearly 100 rounds of 240 gr. Lazer cast, 2.75 in. at 100 yds is the best I can get, & that only if I stop at 3 rounds. If I try  five the group becomes a pattern, similar to my 590 Mossberg with "00". I am trying to find some .380 dia. 255 gr. or heavier bullets to try. Most folks who advertise them are up to their necks in alligators appearently & delivery is a little slow. Hopefully the longer, heavier bullets will work out. I have checked out M.L. McPherson's recommendations for accurizing Marlin Lever guns & it seems my limited wood working \ hobby gunsmith skills are to be tested to the max.
Since I have a Savage 99 \ 300 Savage & a Winchester M71 \ .348 that shoot minute & a half or better out to their respective useful distance I know this Marlin SHOULD be able to do the same. As I said, tearing the little hair I have is becoming a standard activity on the range.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts