Shooters Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Getting up in years, just turned 66 this month, so I decided it was time to start thinning the herd. Last April I gave my son for his 27th birthday my Marlin 39 built the same year I was born, 1949. The rifle is in near mint condition. I have owned a half dozen 39's but that was my last one and my keeper, until my son got it for his birthday. It felt good. Love those 39's. I have always gotten a kick outta peeps at the range with their fancy supernated-semi-auto-scoped 22's as they watch me make golf balls dance at 100 yards with my peep sighted Marlin 39s.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts

Yes, it DOES feel good/satisfying to gift someone a firearm - worth more than whatever they cost.

I've gifted all three of my (now adult) children and all my Grandsons with whichever and how many of my guns they desired (I still have a dozen, or so, left ;) ); rather than wait until I went for my Dirt Nap - and I received the additional benefit of seeing them enjoy the guns as much as I did.

Reactions: Dikcamp
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.