Shooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a Marlin Outfitter 444P a while back and finally got a chance to test it with some cast bullet loads this past weekend. My 444p is fitted with the Ashley Scout mount and a Leupold 2.5X IER Scout Scope. It has also recently been fitted with Wild West Guns Trigger.

I have previously taken it out to the range once with factory 240gr Remington and also some Georgia Arms 270gr JSP. The GA 270gr grouped approximately 2.5 inches while the factory Remington grouped around 3.5 inches @ 100yds.

Not being satisfied with those results, I decided to give fire lapping and cast bullets a try. I followed the instructions on the Beartooth Technical guide and got additional guidance from Marshall over the phone for insurance. The following are my results:

All Brass has primer pockets uniformed and flash holes deburred

Cast Performance 320gr WLNGC
Varget 51.0 gr
1.05” @ 100yds

Light Plinking Load
Cast Performance 320 WLNGC
Universal Clays 14.0gr topped with Poly filler
2.5” @ 100yds and also put 3 shots into the same hole @ 22yds
This load shot about 5 inches lower and 2 inches left compared to the first load @100yds

I just recently received my order of 330 LFNDCGC from Marshall and will be giving those a try pretty soon.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Does anywhere sale handloaded ammo ?

I want a .444, but dont know of any reloaders. I'd like to have some of those 320gr loads you mentioned, to take out assaulting whitetail.

Edit: Just found the Georgia Arms site. I would still be interested in knowing if anyone sells Marshals bullets already loaded.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts