Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a brand new .444P for &#36450.   Is this a good buy compared to what you guys have paid?  How about you Marshall?  Have wanted a .444 for 35 years!  Now's the time!  Can't wait to try out some of Marshall's 265 and 330 grainers! (That is if I can get ahold of some this time of year!)

·
Registered
7 Posts
all the guys i know that have them bought them used for a couple of hunrdred bucks...i load shells for them and i can tell you that they kick so hard with factory ammo that they are no fun to plink with....also i'm pretty sure that they have Marlins micro groove barrels and do not shoot lead bullets worth a crap because the rifling won't grab the bullet (i guess)...personally i wouldn't want one unless i was going to shoot light loads with jacketed bullets....hope that helps....Dick

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi, All I can tell you is this. A 444P Has ballard rifling, ports on the side[ to reduce muzzle jump] and isn`t at all hard to shoot. I paid about &#36400 for mine over 2 yrs. ago.I bought it new and I`m glad I got it. In my opinion it doesn`t kick that hard! Read Marshall`s tech notes if you want some really fine reading on the 444. I would urge you to buy it, you won`t be sorry.  

·
Beartooth Regular
1,118 Posts
I'll wholeheartedly second don44's comments. These little rifles shoot well with cast as long as the bullets are hard and slightly oversized compared to what we're used to thinking of for .44-caliber firearms.

·
Registered
20 Posts
      I got mine at www.auctionarms.com for &#36349.00(444P)new,also take a look at www.gunbroker.com im sure you'll find a good deall.
                              Thanks Ruben

·
Registered
20 Posts
    Im sorry for the price i meant &#36399.00  hope you find one for less i seen some for &#36379.00. hope this helps?
                   THANKS   RUBEN

1 - 6 of 6 Posts